Vetster is the world’s fastest growing veterinary telehealth and pet care marketplace. Since our launch in 2020 we have established ourselves as a leader in the rapidly growing pet care industry. Named Overall Pet Healthcare Company of the Year, Vetster makes it easier for pet owners to connect with the veterinary care they need - any time, anywhere.
We know that by empowering pet owners with easy-to-use, convenient services and an open marketplace, we can move the industry forward, create professional opportunities in the veterinary community, and fundamentally improve animal wellbeing and access to care. The work we are doing is groundbreaking and is changing lives.
Vetster offers flex and remote working options and is headquartered in Toronto, Canada. We work in cross functional teams and believe ownership and accountability, along with trust, respect and inclusion are core tenets of success in our new working paradigm. At all levels, successful Vetster team members are those who seek to grow their careers and who share our ambition to build a global high-growth brand.
Vetster is looking for a senior Software Engineer to develop incredible web and mobile product features that deliver value to pet owners and veterinary professionals. We build complex, globally distributed systems leveraging React Native, Laravel, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Vue. Working with the Director of Engineering, the senior Software Engineer (in Test) is responsible for building, testing, and operationalizing quality best practices and tooling across cross-discipline engineering teams. You are passionate about technology, developing robust, scalable, state-of-the-art quality assurance systems, and sharing your knowledge by mentoring others.
Common responsibilities will include:
- Identify test and quality challenges, evolving our test frameworks, processes, and automation
- Participate in the full development life cycle, including design, coding, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Collaborate with Product, UXD, UXR, and Data Engineering teams to understand the user's journey in a multi-sided marketplace platform
- Participate in code reviews to help the team reach the highest standards for PHP, Node, and Mobile applications.
- Deliver code and process enhancements in an agile team environment
- Coach engineering teams on quality best practices, tooling, and techniques
- Support the operationalization of applications, including incident management, bug fixes, and understanding of cloud-native architecture
- Monitor the tests and releases to build reporting capabilities in order to bring measurement and transparency to our quality processes
- Communicate progress, issues, and risks in a timely manner
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent certifications/professional experience
- 5+ years of design, development, and deployment of automated testing tools and frameworks (Jest, Cypress, PHPUnit, Detox preferred)
- Proven success mentoring other engineers on how to test application code and deployments
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines to execute and report on tests (GitHub Actions preferred)
- Understanding of cloud-based architectures (AWS preferred)
- Experience with observability, data analysis, and monitoring tools
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-code (Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, CloudFormation preferred)
- Well-experienced in developing and executing automated unit, functional, and integration tests.
- Strong communication skills working with other cross-team and cross-discipline engineers
- Experience working in a rapid and agile development environment with frequent deliveries
What We Offer:
- Full access to the Vetster service for your own pets
- Bring your furry (canine) friends to our office
- Vacation and personal days to support work life balance
- Attractive health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Competitive salary based on experience and market
- Flex work and remote work options
- Career growth and international work opportunities
- Inclusive and equitable workplace
- Team building and social events