Vetster is the world’s fastest-growing veterinary telehealth and pet care marketplace. Since our launch in 2020, we have established ourselves as a leader in the rapidly growing pet care industry. Named Overall Pet Healthcare Company of the Year, Vetster makes it easier for pet owners to connect with the veterinary care they need - anytime, anywhere.
We know that by empowering pet owners with easy-to-use, convenient services and an open marketplace, we can move the industry forward, create professional opportunities in the veterinary community, and improve animal well-being and access to care. The work we are doing is groundbreaking and is changing lives.
Vetster is headquartered in Toronto, Canada. We work in cross-functional teams and believe ownership, accountability, trust, respect, and inclusion are core tenets of success in our new working paradigm. At all levels, successful Vetster team members seek to grow their careers and share our ambition to build a global, high-growth brand.
Vetster is looking for a senior Software Engineer to develop incredible mobile product features that deliver value to pet owners and veterinary professionals. We build complex, globally distributed systems leveraging React Native, Laravel, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Vue. Working with a Technical Lead, the Senior Software Engineer (Mobile - React Native) is responsible for building, testing, and operationalizing mobile React Native applications with a cross-discipline engineering team. You are passionate about technology, developing robust, scalable, state-of-the-art software systems, and sharing your knowledge and mentoring junior team members.
Everyday responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the development life cycle, including design, coding, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Collaborate with Product, UXD, UXR, and Data Engineering teams to craft great digital product experiences.
- Participate in code reviews to help the team reach the highest mobile, Node, and PHP application standards.
- Deliver code in an agile team environment.
- Participate in defining and clarifying business and product requirements and determine the technical feasibility of potential solutions.
- Be a mentor for junior engineers leveraging your experience crafting scalable and extensible technical solutions.
- Support the operationalization of applications, including incident management, bug fixes, and understanding cloud-native architecture.
- Communicate progress, issues, and risks promptly.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent certifications/professional experience
- 5+ years of design, development, and testing of iOS and Android applications
- Proven success mentoring junior engineers in mobile development
- Strong proficiency with mobile development frameworks (React Native preferred)
- Good understanding of mobile best practices around UX and performance
- Knowledge of cloud-based architectures (AWS preferred)
- Well-experienced in developing and executing automated unit, functional, and integration tests.
- Knowledge of source code control systems, especially Git
- Strong communication skills working with other cross-team and cross-discipline engineers
- Experience working in a rapid and agile development environment with frequent deliveries
- Strong proficiency in written and verbal English.
What We Offer:
- Full access to the Vetster service for your pets
- Bring your furry (canine) friends to our office
- Vacation and personal days to support work-life balance
- Attractive health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Competitive salary based on experience and market
- Career growth and international work opportunities
- Inclusive and equitable workplace
- Team building and social events